Who are the top thinkers in Social Commerce today? Who are social shopping experts and eCommerce product development mavens? It took awhile to find the answers but, still, we’re open to your suggestions.
By the way, this is the last episode of The State of Social Shopping series for this year, so we would like to take this opportunity and thank all of the people who contributed to the development of social commerce in 2011. Keep rocking!
Product Development Experts
- Jon Crawford (@JonCrawford) – Founder of Storenvy.com. “I believe in helping indie businesses get started and making the web a more social place.”
- Roy Rubin (@royrubin05) - Co-Founder, CEO at Magento (an eBay company). “I just donated to #Wikipedia. Help keep it free!”
- Ryan Downs the president of Proxibid and veteran of eBay and PayPal.
- Christian Taylor (@christiantaylor) is founder and CEO of Payvment and developer of the number-one Facebook ecommerce platform for brands.
- Mattias Pihlström (@BrightstepCEO) CEO of a multichannel commerce consulting company named Brightstep. “Do your best to keep the e-commerce industry rocking!”
- Jay Weintraub (@jayweintraub) – founder of LeadsCon.com & DailyDealSummit.com
- Naveed Anwar (@nanwar) – Head of Community, X.commerce. Prior to X.commerce, he ran the PayPal X developer community, which he grew from zero to 60,000+ developers.
- Shane Mac (@shanemac) - Director of Product, Zaarly. “It’s getting amazing…”
- Carolyn Mellor (@carolynmellor) – a community manager for the PayPal, eBay and X.commerce Developer Networks.
Writers and Editors
- Armando Roggio (@ecommerceboy) - a Senior Contributing Editor for Practical Ecommerce and Ecommerce Developer.
- Frank Gruber (@FrankGruber) - Founder, CEO & Editor of TechCocktail.com. For tech & startup news @TechCocktail. Co-creator @DCWEEK. Former AOL & Tribune. Early TechCrunch writer.
- Ina Steiner (@AuctionBytes) - co-founder and editor of AuctionBytes.com and EcommerceBytes, the independent news source for online retailers.
- Jennifer Wang (@jennifertwang) - Staff Writer, Entrepreneur mag. Recent article: On Zaarly, You Can (Usually) Get What. You Want
- Paul Bruemmer (@PaulBruemmer) on Search Engine Land: The convergence of social networking, local search and mobile shopping provides consumers with convenience while saving them time, a real winner in the digital world. By mastering ecommerce on all devices, e-retailers can increase brand engagement and product conversions.
- Colleen Taylor (@loyalelectron) – she reports on startups and Silicon Valley for GigaOM. “The strength we’re seeing from online shopping now could be just the beginning.”
- Jennifer Van Grove (@jbruin) – a writer at VentureBeat. She focuses her reporting on early stage startups, technology companies, industry trends, social media and mobile.
Analysts and Marketers
- Sucharita Mulpuru (@smulpuru) – analyst at Forrester Research with the online and multichannel retail beat. “Done is better than perfect. Great Facebook motto.”
- Mike Ewing (@inboundcommerce) Consultant and Marketer for eCommerce HubSpot.
- Paul Marsden (@marsattacks) – a social psychologist and market researcher specializing in digital and social media, influencer marketing and reputation management. Plus, the editor of Social Commerce Today.
- Nadim Hossain (@nadimahossain) Social Commerce VP Marketing PowerReviews. He was formerly with Amazon and has held sales and business development roles at early-stage start-ups.
You can connect with all of them “in bulk” by following our list on Twitter: Social Commerce Mavens.